How do I qualify as a parent/volunteer at GIPS?
To meet our obligations set out by the Department of Education with regards to child safety, occupational health and safety and student welfare GIPS parent volunteers will need to undertake the following steps BEFORE they can help in the classroom or at school related events/activities:
1. Read the Volunteer Induction Booklet
2. Provide a valid Working with Children Card (WWCC) to the office (if you have not already done so)
3. Sign the Volunteer Confidentiality & Child Safety Form and return copy to the office.
4. Sign the Volunteer Induction Checklist (Part 1 General) and return copy to the office.
5. Sign the Volunteer Induction Checklist (Part 2 OHS) and return copy to the office/GIPS delegate.
Parents/guardians will not be able to volunteer without providing their WWCC and copies of signed forms to the office.
Any changes to our policies, Induction Booklet or process will be communicated in due course.
If you have any queries regarding the above process please do not hesitate to contact the office.